Message from the RFA President
Thank you for your interest in the UTSA Retired Faculty Association. The UTSA RFA offers retired faculty opportunities to get together periodically for social events, to represent the retired faculty at university functions, and to serve on RFA project committees. Ongoing RFA projects include documenting the history of UTSA, developing the RFA website, and celebrating faculty-sponsored student awards and scholarships. Others, dedicated to assisting faculty in pre-retirement and post-retirement, will be added as the membership grows and members’ needs are determined.
Many of the founding members of the RFA have been with the University from its earliest days. Even as it was growing, UTSA offered us an academic home where we could pursue our professional interests and serve the university’s mission. We are proud to be members of the UTSA community. We invite all UTSA retired faculty to join us in continuing our social and service relationships through the UTSA RFA.
RFA President 2012-2014
Join the RFA
Upcoming 2013 Events
SPRING GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Friday, April 12
Presentation by Prof. Emeritus Dwight Henderson on his 2012 visit to Turkey.
FALL GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Friday, October 18
Presentation by Dr. Harriett Romo
- Books by professor emeritus Marian Martinello distributed by Menard Public Library
- Retired UTSA professor named one of US Professors of the Year
- UTSA Today: Retired Faculty Association includes founders who taught at Koger Center
- From the Desk of the Provost: UTSA launches association for retired faculty
- Catalyst Magazine: Chemical Reaction: Professor emerita effects big change in the lives of her students
- From the Desk of the Provost: Emeritus professors come back to school
The purpose of the UTSA Retired Faculty Association is to provide retired faculty with the opportunity for continued interactions with the UTSA community, and to serve as the voice of the retired faculty to the administration.