- Identify and respond to the higher education needs of San Antonio and South Texas communities.
- Provide advocacy for faculty and students in the administration of the University.
- Optimize student levels of scholastic success and potential for life-long achievement.
- Provide students with outstanding skills and knowledge required for professional careers and practical applications in the workforce.
- Provide students with a balanced foundation of knowledge to enhance quality of life.
- Provide a satisfying and informed comprehensive educational experience at UTSA.
- Encourage and support faculty professional developments.
- Take full advantage of internal UTSA resources, fostering interdisciplinary communication and collaborative initiates among faculty, students, staff, and community constituencies.
- Take full advantage of resources external to UTSA, developing international academic relationships and cooperative initiatives with other educational Institutions.
- Contribute to the educational and cultural well-being of the community.
- Strategize to meet these goals and objective in a cost-effective, efficient, and ethical manner.