Summary of Guidelines for Texas Core Curriculum Requirements
Core Objectives. Through the Texas Core Curriculum, students will prepare for contemporary challenges by developing and demonstrating the following core objectives:
- (A) Critical Thinking Skills: to include creative thinking, innovation, inquiry, and analysis, evaluation and synthesis of information;
- (B) Communication Skills: to include effective development, interpretation and expression of ideas through written, oral and visual communication;
- (C) Empirical and Quantitative Skills: to include the manipulation and analysis of numerical data or observable facts resulting in informed conclusions;
- (D) Teamwork: to include the ability to consider different points of view and to work effectively with others to support a shared purpose or goal;
- (E) Social Responsibility: to include intercultural competence, knowledge of civic responsibility, and the ability to engage effectively in regional, national, and global communities;
- (F) Personal Responsibility: to include the ability to connect choices, actions and consequences to ethical decision-making.