Dr. John Frederick
Provost and Vice President
for Academic Affairs
Welcome to the Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Provost reports directly to the President and is the chief academic officer who provides guidance and leadership for all of the university's academic community.
The Provost is responsible for overseeing the Colleges, Graduate School, Academic Accountability, Institutional Research, Information Technology, International Programs, Libraries, Space Management, and many student and community related initiatives.
The Provost is charged with ensuring the quality of academic programs offered; supporting the hiring of faculty who are top in their field and facilitating the growth of the university. A high priority of this office is to guide the university towards its goal of being a top tier research institution.
Provost's Reports, White Papers, etc.
- End-of-Semester Assignments, 11/11/2015
- Moving Toward One Faculty at UTSA: Summary Report by the NTT Faculty Committee
of the Academy of Distinguished Teaching Scholars, 7/15/2015
- Faculty Mentoring Program, 9/15/2014
- Student Disability Services, 5/5/2014
- Course Grade Recordkeeping, 12/16/2013
- MOU for Distribution of F&A Indirect Cost Recovery, 10/30/2013
- Academic Advising Restructuring Proposal, 8/6/2013
- Four-Year Graduation Rate Improvement Plan, 12/13/2011 • GRIP Revised Project Plans 2013
- Report from the Facilities and Administrative (F&A) Task Force, 6/25/2011
- Plus/Minus Grading Policy, 12/3/2010
- Research Centers and Institutes Director Recommendations for Distribution of F&A, 10/5/2010
- Proposed F&A Distribution Model - White Paper, 4/27/2010