Dr. John Frederick
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Welcome to the Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Provost reports directly to the President and is the chief academic officer who provides guidance and leadership for all of the university's academic community.
The Provost is responsible for overseeing the Colleges, Undergraduate Studies, Graduate School, Honors College, Academic Accountability, Institutional Research, Information Technology, International Programs, Libraries, and many student and community related initiatives.
The Provost is charged with ensuring the quality of academic programs offered; supporting the hiring of faculty who are top in their field and facilitating the growth of the university. A high priority of this office is to guide the university towards its goal of being a top tier research institution.
Recent blog posts
- The Prize Patrol strikes again - April 1, 2014
- A new school year but similar challenges - Sept. 9, 2013
- More thoughts on student course evaluations - Sept. 6, 2013
Provost's Reports, White Papers, etc.
- Course Grade Recordkeeping, 12/16/2013
- Academic Advising Restructuring Proposal, 8/6/2013
- Research Enhancement Proposal, April 2012
- MOU for Distribution of F&A Indirect Cost Recovery, 3/15/2012
- Four-Year Graduation Rate Improvement Plan, 12/13/2011 • GRIP Revised Project Plans 2013
- Report from the Facilities and Administrative (F&A) Task Force, 6/25/2011
- Plus/Minus Grading Policy, 12/3/2010
- Research Centers and Institutes Director Recommendations for Distribution of F&A, 10/5/2010
- Proposed F&A Distribution Model - White Paper, 4/27/2010
- Report on the Feasibility of a Thirteen-Week Summer Session, 2/15/2010