Help and Support - Scanning Services (Library)
If you would like JPL staff to scan your materials, follow the steps below. Note: Faculty materials will only be scanned by full-time library staff. No students will be allowed to handle the materials. Faculty materials will be secured with lock and key while at the JPL.
- Create a folder in your individual RowdySpace account to allow the assigned Library staff persons to upload your scanned files to that location. (For instructions on how to do this, view the RowdySpace Folder for Library Staff online tutorial, or the RowdySpace Folder for Library Staff (PDF). If you – or a trusted representative – will be scanning your own documents, follow the steps under Scanning Materials on Your Own below.
- Access and complete the appropriate library form on the Library Document Transmittal Form.
- In the “Items to be scanned” section, clearly define what you will be leaving to scan. This itemized list should be in the correct order and must have the proper electronic name. (Use letters, numbers and underscores ONLY.)
- Print this form and take it with you to the JPL Front Desk along with your materials. The Front Desk staff will be trained to assist faculty with scanning requests. Note: Items with any sensitive content should not be brought by UTSA faculty to the library.
- Once you and the Library staff have verified that all documents on the list have been submitted, both parties will sign the form to approve the transaction.
- Your name, date and list of items to be scanned will be entered into the Library scanning log.
- Items will be scanned to your individual RowdySpace account in the folder you created and shared. A CD of your files may also be created upon request. Each scanned PDF file will consist of multiple pages if the item is longer than one page.
- The library may require up to 5 business days to fulfill the scanning request. Upon completion of the scan, you will be notified to review the scanned files in your RowdySpace individual account. (Note: If there are any problems with the scanned images such as missing pages, poor quality images, etc., the faculty should notify the library and the items will be rescanned.)
- Upon approval of the scanning services, pick up your materials and CD (if requested) from the JPL Library Front Desk.
- You and a library staff member will be required to sign the form to verify all items have been returned to you. You will also receive a copy of the form to keep for your records.
Library Staff Will Scan:
- artwork (please notify Library staff of dimensions)
- 3-dimensional models
- book covers and first chapters
Library Staff Will NOT Scan:
- entire books
- sensitive documents
Scanning Materials on Your Own
If you – or a trusted representative – would like to scan your materials using library equipment, follow the steps below. Faculty members have access to Library scanning equipment throughout the year.
- Call Amy Chang (458-7503) or Rachel Pullen (458-4098) of Library Access Services to make an appointment to use library scanning equipment.
- At your scheduled time, bring your files and a portable storage device (such as a USB flash drive or CD). Storage devices will not be provided for you.
- Library staff will help you set up the equipment and provide you with proper instructions.