Message from the RFA President
Thank you for your interest in the UTSA Retired Faculty Association. The UTSA RFA offers retired faculty opportunities to get together periodically for social events, to represent the retired faculty at university functions, and to serve on RFA project committees. Ongoing RFA projects include documenting the history of UTSA, developing the RFA website, and celebrating faculty-sponsored student awards and scholarships. Others, dedicated to assisting faculty in pre-retirement and post-retirement, will be added as the membership grows and members'; needs are determined.
Many of the founding members of the RFA have been with the University from its earliest days. Even as it was growing, UTSA offered us an academic home where we could pursue our professional interests and serve the university's mission. We are proud to be members of the UTSA community. We invite all UTSA retired faculty to join us in continuing our social and service relationships through the UTSA RFA.
David R. Johnson
RFA President 2016-2018
Spring 2017 Events
RFA Spring Business Meeting and SocialSaturday, May 6, 2017
1643 Ranch Road 473
Boerne, TX 78006
RSVP to Jim and Cindy Broderick at (830) 229-5335 or email@example.com by April 29.
For more details, click here to download the event flyer.
Join the RFA
- In memoriam: Professor Emerita Marian Martinello dies at age 79
- Retired Faculty Association's oral history project enhances UTSA Libraries' University Archives
- Meet a Roadrunner: Professor Emerita Marian Martinello dons regalia for first time in 13 years
- Sombrilla Magaine: Forever Roadrunners — RFA members' love for UTSA lives on
- Retired UTSA professor named one of US Professors of the Year
- UTSA Today: Retired Faculty Association includes founders who taught at Koger Center
- From the Desk of the Provost: UTSA launches association for retired faculty
- Catalyst Magazine: Chemical Reaction: Professor emerita effects big change in the lives of her students
- From the Desk of the Provost: Emeritus professors come back to school
The purpose of the UTSA Retired Faculty Association is to provide retired faculty with the opportunity for continued interactions with the UTSA community, and to serve as the voice of the retired faculty to the administration.