Message from the RFA President
Thank you for your interest in the UTSA Retired Faculty Association. The UTSA RFA offers retired faculty opportunities to get together periodically for social events, to represent the retired faculty at university functions, and to serve on RFA project committees. Ongoing RFA projects include documenting the history of UTSA, developing the RFA website, and celebrating faculty-sponsored student awards and scholarships. Others, dedicated to assisting faculty in pre-retirement and post-retirement, will be added as the membership grows and members’ needs are determined.
Many of the founding members of the RFA have been with the University from its earliest days. Even as it was growing, UTSA offered us an academic home where we could pursue our professional interests and serve the university’s mission. We are proud to be members of the UTSA community. We invite all UTSA retired faculty to join us in continuing our social and service relationships through the UTSA RFA.
RFA President 2012-2014
Spring 2014 Events
LUNCH AND GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Friday, April 4
The RFA will host a lunch meeting in the new Faculty Center on Friday, April 4, 2014 from noon to 2 p.m. Members may visit over lunch in the new university faculty meeting area on the fourth floor of JPL. Our business meeting will follow lunch to discuss RFA projects and to hold a confirmatory vote on the mail ballot for the election of RFA officers, 2014-16. Invitations will be mailed in March.
RFA SPRING PARTY
Saturday, May 10
Cindy and Jim Broderick have graciously invited us to their ranch for a spring barbecue party on Saturday, May 10, 2014. All RFA members will receive invitations in April.
Join the RFA
- Paisano: Recording UTSA history
- Meet a Roadrunner: Professor Emerita Marian Martinello dons regalia for first time in 13 years
- Sombrilla Magaine: Forever Roadrunners — RFA members' love for UTSA lives on
- Retired UTSA professor named one of US Professors of the Year
- UTSA Today: Retired Faculty Association includes founders who taught at Koger Center
- From the Desk of the Provost: UTSA launches association for retired faculty
- Catalyst Magazine: Chemical Reaction: Professor emerita effects big change in the lives of her students
- From the Desk of the Provost: Emeritus professors come back to school
The purpose of the UTSA Retired Faculty Association is to provide retired faculty with the opportunity for continued interactions with the UTSA community, and to serve as the voice of the retired faculty to the administration.