The mission of the UTSA Office of Assessment is to coordinate institutional assessment activities in support of the University’s efforts to advance its mission through continuous improvement of its programs and services. The office seeks to support a culture of evidence-based decision making by assisting all administrative units and academic programs to engage in the assessment process to enhance student learning and institutional effectiveness.
- Outcomes assessment is a process in accordance with Institutional Strategic Planning through which The University of Texas at San Antonio demonstrates its commitment to achieving its mission and goals by monitoring the accomplishment of stated outcomes for its academic and non-academic programs. There are four primary purposes for practicing outcomes assessment.
- Outcomes assessment provides information that can be used to improve student learning.
- Outcomes assessment promotes the progress of the institution and its continuous improvement of programs by providing information concerning strategic planning and the attainment of organizational mission.
- Outcomes assessment provides a basis for improved integration within and across administrative units.
- Outcomes assessment allows the institution to be more responsive and communicative to its stakeholders.
The Assessment Steering Committee has been charged with developing frameworks, principles and procedures for outcomes assessment with specific emphasis on student learning outcomes within Academic Affairs.