Welcome to the UTSA Digital Measures Website!
New Enhancements in Digital Measures
One small change will make entering your data in Digital Measures easier
You no longer need to enter works in progress on the ‘Scholarship/ Research/Creative Works in Progress’ screen. Although you may still use that screen if you wish, for a more streamlined process, you can take advantage of two new additions to the
Scholarship/Research/Creative Works screens. We have added two options for ‘Current Status’ (“In Preparation” and “In Progress”) to the following screens:
- Artistic and Professional Performances and Exhibits
- Contracts, Fellowships, Grants, Sponsored Research and Residencies
- Intellectual Contributions
Now, when you begin working on a project, you can enter it on the appropriate screen and select a current status of “In Preparation” or “In Progress.” Once the project is completed and/or submitted, you need only edit the record to change the ‘Current Status,’ remembering to enter pertinent dates on the screen, as well. If the submission is published, you would again update the status and dates on the same record. This means that you can use one record for a project, from inception to publication, by editing the entry when the project’s status changes. We hope you will find that this change makes it easier to enter and update projects in Digital Measures.
Linking Function Turned OffThe linking function in Digital Measures has been turned off. A detailed email was sent to all faculty regarding this change on February 26, 2014. What does this mean for DM users?
- Any linked entries for collaborative works, grants, publications or presentations that existed prior to the linking function being turned off were preserved. Those records will still be on the DM profile of both the originator and the collaborator; however, those entries may now be edited or deleted by either party without affecting the other party. (These entries will look the same as other records for that screen; they will no longer display “Entered by XXXX” on the summary screen.}
- You may continue to use the drop-down lists when selecting UTSA collaborators for your entries in DM. Using the drop-down list will no longer create a duplicate record on the collaborator’s DM profile.
- When collaborating with UTSA colleagues, each collaborator will need to enter the information about the work, grant, publication, etc., on his or her own DM profile.
Search FunctionDigital Measures now allows you to search from the summary screens to quickly and easily locate records. For example, if you are working on the ‘Intellectual Contributions’ screen in DM, you can search for a publication using key words in the title, the year of publication, or even the fields within individual records.
Import CitationsYou can import your citations directly into DM! For easy, step-by-step directions for exporting and uploading your citation information, click here: http://info.digitalmeasures.com/bibtex.html.
Digital Measures SharePoint Archive
This archive houses the official faculty annual reports, evaluations, workload reports, and SACS faculty rosters. To access the archive, click on the link below. If you are opening the archives from off-campus, you may be asked to log in using your MyUTSA ID and passphrase. Access is limited to deans, department chairs and their administrative staff. Individual faculty cannot access this archive, but may contact their department or college to obtain copies of their archived reports.
- Ad Hoc Reports Instructions (PDF)
- Annual Report Evaluation Instructions – Dept. Chairs/Deans (PDF)
- Annual Report Mapping (.rtf) (Shows where items from the DM screens map to the Annual Report.)
- UTSA Faculty Annual Report User’s Manual (PDF)
- Education and Faculty Credentialing Manual (PDF)
- Faculty Workload Manual (PDF)
- Trainers and Contact Information (.xls)
- Official UTSA Vita User’s Manual (PDF)
- Workload Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Remember to keep your vita up-to-date throughout the year. Refer to the Official UTSA Vita User's Manual under the ‘Resources’ section on this page to assist you with your vita. We suggest you save all of the manuals to a convenient place on your computer for easier reference while you are using DM.
- Log in to DM by clicking on the “UTSA Digital Measures" button in the upper right-hand corner above.
- You may view, print and download your vita in DM (using the Rapid Reports tab at the bottom of the page).
- Watch your email or return to this page for further updates from DM at UTSA.
(DigitalMeasures Faculty Application support is available Monday – Friday, 8:00 to 5:00.)
To contact a Digital Measures trainer in your college/department, please refer to the Digital Measures Trainers and Contact Information (.xls) document under the "Resources" section on this page.
If you have myUTSA ID login issues or network issues, please contact OIT Connect at 458-5555.
If you have questions regarding Digital Measures, need assistance with a process, or wish to make suggestions, please contact the Digital Measures administrator, Tia Palsole, at email@example.com or ext. 8038.