Adobe Creative Campus
UTSA became an Adobe Creative Campus in October 2019. This distinction recognizes top institutions that are dedicated to transforming education through creative digital empowerment. By democratizing access to digital literacy (i.e. the attainment of critical digital skills to achieve success), this partnership with Adobe allows UTSA to set a higher standard in academia and lead the future of education.
As an Adobe Creative Campus UTSA faculty, staff and students have full access to Adobe Creative Cloud, a set of applications and services that gives users access to a collection of software for graphic design, video editing, web development and photography.
CALLING ALL UTSA STUDENTS!
November 6 - 13, 2020
Use Adobe XD to design an app and present your project to industry experts for insightful feedback. You could win fantastic prizes and bragging rights! NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! Adobe XD training will be provided.
Join Adobe and college students across four University of Texas schools in a beginner-friendly designathon to design solutions that matter. You’ll:
- Create a team of 2 from your school before registering
- Learn the incredible design and prototyping tools of Adobe XD
- Build a digital app that makes an impact
- Submit your app and get it reviewed by a panel of professional creatives
- Kickoff session: Friday, Nov 6 @ 6-8 pm CT
- Working time: Friday, Nov 6 to Monday, Nov 9 Work virtually with your team to design your digital tool, then submit your prototype for judging. Submissions are due on Monday, Nov 9 @ 4pm CT
- Finale session: Friday, Nov 13 @ 6-8 pm CT
What is a Creative Jam anyway and why should you participate?
Take these steps to register for the Creative Jam by 11:59pm Nov. 5
- Find 5 minutes to register with your teammate
- Go to cjam.in/utxjam
- Click on "Register"
- Click on "Create Your Team"
- Fill in your team name and password and Click "Create a Team"
- Select 2 from the dropdown
- Hit "Register"
- Fill in your team information. This is when you will need your partner to be sure you have their proper information.
- Information requested is: Name, EDU email, Major, College/Univ, Resident of US, XD proficiency and consent to receive emails, and more.
- That is it! Now your team will receive all the proper information needed to participate fully in this Jam. If you don't already have Adobe XD, please download it here and use the free starter plan or download it through your Creative Cloud application (see below to learn how to get started using Adobe CC for free with your UTSA email).
Get Started with Creative Cloud
Want to get started with Adobe Creative Cloud but don’t know where to start? Visit the Office of Digital Learning's Adobe resource page or schedule a training session with UTSA’s Creative Cloud Support Specialist, Willie Schaefer to learn everything from the basics to advanced techniques. Want to study on your own? Check out the Adobe Education Exchange.
What’s included in Adobe Creative Cloud?
The Creative Cloud suite includes popular software applications for video, design, photography and web, including PhotoShop, Spark, InDesign, Illustrator, Premier Pro and Acrobat.
See the full list of Creative Cloud software.
Want to be an Adobe Student Ambassador at UTSA?
Are you proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud applications or have the desire to learn? Share your interests with like-minded people and promote creativity at UTSA!
Visit the Adobe Student Ambassadors Rowdylink page for more information and to get involved.