ACUE Inclusive Teaching for Equitable Learning (ITEL)
Registration deadline: October 3, 2022
Course Capacity: 30 seats
Eligibility: Current Teaching Faculty. Instructors with Assistantship titles and staff are ineligible.
ACUE Inclusive Teaching for Equitable Learning (ITEL) micro-credential course is a 10-week course that covers 5 core competencies across 5 modules, to assist in creating an inclusive and welcoming learning environment for students. The course will be facilitated by experts in the UTSA community and will include synchronous and asynchronous elements.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Examine how implicit bias may affect your thoughts, decisions, and actions.
- Apply research-based practices to establish an inclusive learning environment.
- Reduce microaggressions in learning environments.
- Use practices to address imposter phenomenon and stereotype threat.
- Design and implement equity-centered courses.
- Earn a microcredential in Inclusive Teaching for Equitable Learning.
The course will include synchronous and asynchronous elements.
For more information, view the course calendar.
Hybrid Monthly Sessions:
- October 12th
- November 9th
- December 7th
Time Commitment and Course Completion Requirements
The time commitment for this course is estimated to be 3-5 hours a week, over the course of the Fall semester.
To receive the certificate of completion and the one-time incentive, you must complete the following by 12/11/22:
- Complete all online modules. NOTE: Each module includes a series of readings, videos, discussions, a reflection activity, and additional resources intended to grow knowledge of effective teaching practices.
- Attend monthly cohort meetings, as outlined in the Course Calendar.
Incentives/Certifications upon Completion
Upon completion of all requirements, participants will receive a certificate of completion and a one-time incentive of $500.
Contact Lila Jordan, a Learning Experience Designer in the office of Teaching, Learning & Digital Transformation if you have any questions and/or to inquire about registration.