Undergraduate Adobe Institute
Registration deadline: January 31, 2023
Course Capacity: 100 seats
Eligibility: Open to all current, undergraduate students (must be enrolled during semester course runs).
Participants will be introduced to Adobe Creative Cloud and complete short projects that provide the opportunity to produce artifacts that they can use to improve their digital literacy skills and prepare them for their life after they finish their UTSA journey.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- demonstrate the ability to edit an Adobe Portfolio
- acquire the ability to create online content
- recognize the impact of an online portfolio
- demonstrate the ability to create an Express Page
- acquire the ability to create visually stimulating presentations
- recognize the impact of images on presentations
- demonstrate the ability to create an Express Post
- acquire the ability to create visually stimulating social media posts
- recognize the impact of text and graphics on photos
- demonstrate the ability to edit in Premiere Rush
- acquire the ability to create content for YouTube
- recognize the impact of video on self-promotion
The Adobe Undergraduate Institute will consist of four asynchronous video sessions. Each session will be chunked into four 10-minute videos that students can rewatch until they feel comfortable with the software.
Course runs asynchronously February 1, 2023 - March 10, 2023
Time Commitment and Course Completion Requirements
The time commitment for this course is estimated to be 10-15 hours, but largely depends on previous skills level and exposure to Adobe tools.
To receive the one-time incentive, you must complete the following by 5 p.m., March 10, 2023:
- Review unit 1,2,3 &4 (asynchronously),
- meet the guidelines provided for the four projects assigned in Blackboard, and
- e-mail a completed and published online portfolio* to AdobeUI@utsa.edu by the designated deadline listed above.
*If your portfolio is incomplete, ignores concepts covered during the course, includes the work created in the past, or content created by others, you will not qualify for the incentive. If you have a question about the quality of the project and want to know if it meets the guidelines of the course, it is your responsibility to contact the instructor.
Incentives/Certifications upon Completion
Upon completing all four projects, students are awarded a $50 gift card and a chance to win an iPad*.
*Only one AI tablet permitted per participant. An alternative item will be selected as needed.
Contact William Schaefer, Adobe Specialist in the office of Teaching, Learning & Digital Transformation, if you have any questions.