Registration deadline: August 8, 2022 & September 6, 2022
Course Capacity: 50 seats each
Eligibility: Current Teaching Faculty. Instructors with Assistantship titles and staff are ineligible for incentive.
Participants will be introduced to Adobe Creative Cloud and complete short projects that provide the opportunity to produce artifacts they can use to improve digital literacy in their courses.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how to use Adobe products to simplify course design
- Identify which Adobe tools can be used to complete projects in their course
- Prepare content for their course with Adobe products
- Create artifacts with various Adobe software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign
- Film and edit video with Premiere Pro
- Design a collection of digital projects with Adobe Portfolio
- Layout a document in Adobe Indesign
- Create a headshot with Adobe Photoshop
- Design a logo with Adobe Illustrator
To learn more about this institute please visit the Adobe Institute page.
Participants may attend the sessions synchronously on Zoom or asynchronously on Panopto.
- The August Session will meet Mondays through Thursdays - 11:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. - from 8/8/22 through 8/18/22. All sessions (8 total) will last 45 minutes. Participants may attend the sessions synchronously on Zoom or asynchronously on Panopto.
- The September Session will meet Tuesdays and Thursdays - 11:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. - from 9/6/2022 through 9/29/2022. All sessions (8 total) will last 45 minutes. Participants may attend the sessions synchronously on Zoom or asynchronously on Panopto.
Time Commitment and Course Completion Requirements
The time commitment for this course is estimated to be 40-50 hours, but largely depends on previous skills level and exposure to Adobe tools.
To receive the certificate of completion and the one-time incentive, participants must complete the following by the Monday after the final training session.
- Attend/review lectures,
- meet the guidelines provided for the seven projects assigned in Blackboard, and
- e-mail a completed and published online portfolio* to adobe@utsa by the Monday after the final training session.
*If your portfolio is incomplete, ignores concepts covered during the course, includes the work created in the past, or content created by others, you will not qualify for the incentive. If you have a question about the quality of the project and want to know if it meets the guidelines of the course, it is your responsibility to contact the instructor.
Incentives/Certifications upon Completion
Upon completion of all requirements, participants will receive a certificate of completion and a one-time incentive of $500.
Contact William Schaefer, Adobe Specialist in the office of Teaching, Learning & Digital Transformation, if you have any questions.