Course Capacity: 50 seats
Eligibility: All T/TT, FTT (at least 75% FTE) and adjunct faculty are eligible to apply and receive the incentive. Instructors with Assistantship titles, staff, or previous recipients of a stipend for this incentive are eligible to apply, but ineligible to receive the incentive.
The Innovation Academy is an online hybrid course designed to introduce faculty to a variety of educational ideas, best practices, and resources.
The goal of the Academy is to help enhance and strengthen instructional skills to become more comfortable in teaching different modalities.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Create a course flow plan based on different modes of delivery.
- Integrate technology to enhance teaching and learning effectiveness.
- Design multimodal content and opportunities for interaction with digital tools.
- Implement effective practices for active learning.
- Develop best practices for course management.
Learn more about Innovation Academy: Reshaping the Future of Teaching & Learning. Please come prepared and ready to work on the implementation of your plan
The course is offered completely online in a hybrid format. Participants will be engaged in 4 live synchronous sessions facilitated by a faculty member and the Teaching, Learning and Digital Transformation team. Participants are also expected to work autonomously on the asynchronous course components focused on activities that will help them create content and activities for their own courses.
- 06/05/2023: Welcome Hybrid session from 10 am – 11 am (optional in-person workshop from 11am – 12pm)
- 06/07/2023: Hybrid Session from 10 am – 11 am (optional in-person workshop from 11am – 12pm)
- 06/20/2023: Hybrid Session from 2 pm – 3 pm (optional in-person workshop from 3pm – 4pm)
- 06/22/2023: Final Hybrid Session from 2 pm – 3 pm (optional in-person workshop from 3pm – 4pm)
NOTE: After you submit your "Plan to Implement" you are REQUIRED to meet with a member of the Teaching, Learning and Digital Transformation team to discuss your plan (answer any questions, share examples, resources, etc.) and confirm implementation.
Time Commitment and Course Completion Requirements
The time commitment for this course is estimated to be 16 - 20 hours. (4 hours for live sessions, 12 hours for modules, and 1 hour for consultation).
To receive the certificate of completion and the one-time incentive, you must complete the following by July 31, 2023:
- Complete the six self-paced modules in Blackboard
- Submit a “Plan to Implement” describing three new instructional elements/practices in your work
- Meet with a member of the Teaching, Learning and Digital Transformation team to discuss your plan and to confirm implementation.
Incentives/Certifications upon Completion
Upon completion of all requirements, participants will receive a certificate of completion and a one-time incentive of $500.
Contact Jess Gonzales, Learning Experience Designer in the office of Teaching, Learning & Digital Transformation if you have any questions.
Link to Enroll
Login to Enroll link Coming Soon!