Teaching Resources Academic Innovation works in partnership with faculty and students to deliver a world-class education. The Academic Innovation team has prepared the following resources for faculty and students to create unique teaching and learning experiences for all modes of course delivery.
Embrace Flexible Learning
Classes at UTSA can have different modes of instruction. Our team can assist you to adopt a flexible course design to deliver your teaching in all modalities.
Create Accessible Learning
Being able to access all content is a key component for student success. Consider the following resources to make sure your course is accessible despite the mode of delivery of your class.
Improved Course Design
The course design process involves intentional and deliberate planning in order to create a course that best supports student learning. The following resources help in that process.
Visit the System Alerts page to find out the latest on system status and maintenance.
- Phone: Call 210-458-4520 and press Ext. 1 for 24/7 Canvas Support.
- Email: Canvas Support can be emailed directly at Support@instructure.com. Note: You must use your UTSA email account if possible.
- Self Help Portal: The Self-Help portal is located within Canvas. Once logged in, look for the Help button on the bottom left of the window.
Faculty Champions and Faculty Mentoring
- Faculty Champions - faculty who are experienced with teaching online and are willing to help their fellow faculty
- Faculty Mentoring - UTSA Faculty Success champions several initiatives and programs to support faculty at all stages and prepare excellent mentors to ensure that all faculty benefit from their peers.
Tools & Resources
Check Your Tech
Make sure that your computer is kept up to date and that your browser is compatible with Canvas. To learn more about Canvas browser and computer requirements, click here.
If you use a UTSA issued laptop or tablet, please bring it on campus and connect to our network so it can be updated. It should be noted that this process may take a few hours depending on the number of updates that need to be installed. If you require assistance, contact University Technology Solutions at 210-458-5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Easy-to-use software for recording, editing, and captioning asynchronous videos that integrates with Canvas.
Offers instructional and informational video production
This set of applications and services provides access to a suite of graphic design, video editing, web development and photography software. Creative Cloud Express is a great one to start with. It's an easy to use design app that allows users to easily create interactive and engaging content with minimal time and effort.
An academic integrity software solution in Canvas with state-of-the-art facial detection technology and a robust suite of fully automated software. Its remote monitoring platform ensures end-to-end learning integrity before, during, and after the assessment.
- LinkedIn Learning (log in with your UTSA abc123)