Academic Agreements

CourseLeaf CIM Agreement Management is the system used for routing academic agreements that need the Provost’s approval and signature.

Academic agreements that need the President’s signature can also be routed through CourseLeaf with a memo attached. The memo should be addressed to the President through the Provost and should state why the President’s signature is needed.

Business contracts that involve payment for services rendered should still be submitted through the Business Contracts Office.

Sponsored Research agreements can now be submitted through the Total Contracts Manager in Rowdy Exchange listed on the Business Contracts website.

Note: UTSA has an umbrella agreement with UT Health San Antonio regarding cross-registration fees. All new and renewed agreements with UT Health San Antonio must adhere to the student fees noted in the  Provision of Student Support and Student Learning Services document.

Those with permission to access the system can log in by clicking the Agreements Form Login button below. The Agreement Job Aid provides information on how to submit an agreement or renew an agreement in the system, best practices for filling out the agreement proposal, instructions on how to approve an agreement, and other helpful hints.

Administrative login for the Agreements Form

Agreements Form Login  

Agreement Types

The types of agreements that typically route for Provost approval are listed below. Approval steps vary depending upon the type of agreement. Legal Affairs is included in the workflow approval steps if the proposer indicates that the agreement is not on a UTSA template or if there are substantive changes that have been made to the template. To ensure you are using the most up-to-date template, use the links on this webpage or check with the contacts listed below.

Academic Support Unit Agreement

An academic support unit agreement originates in one of these academic support areas: Career Engaged Learning, Graduate School, Library/ITC, School of Data Science, Strategic Enrollment, Student Affairs, or Student Success. They are not housed within a department/college.

Accelerated Degree Program Agreement

An agreement that proposes a combined degree program within UTSA, such as a 4+1 or 3+2, which combines an existing bachelor’s and existing master’s program. For accelerated programs involving another institution, please see Dual Degree Program Agreements below.

If either of the two programs is new, please see Proposing New Academic Programs.

Articulation Agreement

An agreement that details the acceptance of transfer credit from other institutions to facilitate the ease of the student transfer process. The Transfer and Transition Student Success Center handles articulation agreements and can provide a template for this type of agreement.

College Prep

There are three types of college prep agreements/MOU’s that route through CourseLeaf:

  • Dual Credit agreement establishes guidelines for students in high school to simultaneously earn college credit for courses.
  • HB5 College Prep requires school districts to partner with at least one institution of higher education to develop and provide college preparatory courses (CPC) in mathematics and ELA for 12th grade students who have to demonstrate college readiness.
  • Texas College Bridge requires school districts to partner with at least one institution of higher education to develop and provide college preparatory courses (CPC) in mathematics and ELA for 12th-grade students who have yet to demonstrate college readiness.

Contact Jillian Woolard at for the dual credit agreement template.

Contact Abel Gonzales at for the HB5 College Prep MOU and the Texas College Bridge MOU templates.

Dual Degree Program

Students complete two or more existing degree programs (e.g., undergraduate + graduate; graduate + graduate) and each program and/or institution grants a separate academic award bearing only its name, seal, and signature.

If either of the two programs is new, please see Proposing New Academic Programs.

Educational Experience Agreements

Educational Experiences are general academic arrangements or partnerships and can be any of the four agreement types listed below:

  • Cooperative academic arrangement or partnership where UTSA transcripts credit from another entity as its own or contracts with another entity to provide course instruction/course credit;
  • Data sharing agreement;
  • Educational experience agreement (COEHD only) where education candidates engage with schools or community agencies to do preclinical fieldwork, clinical teaching, residency programs, clinical internships, educator program delivery, and educator professional development opportunities; and
  • Internship agreement where students complete an educational experience with an entity outside of UTSA or within UTSA to support their academic and career goals. For assistance with internship agreements, contact Rachael Miller at

There is only one agreement template for educational experience agreements. See below for the agreement template and related forms that could be needed based on the agreement type.

Download Agreement template  

Use this Amendment for adding a college or department to an existing university internship site.

Download Amendment to Agreement  

Download MOU for internal internships  

This MOU is to be used for any internal internships between departments at UTSA.

Download FERPA Addendum  

Use the FERPA Addendum only if not using the UTSA forms referenced here. The FERPA addendum is for use with forms originating outside of UTSA.

Facilitated Acceptance Program Agreement

An institution partners with another institution to develop guidelines for students to meet in order to guarantee acceptance into a program such as medical school.

International Agreement

If the intended agreement type is with an international institution, there are additional considerations to establish the program or academic arrangement. It is recommended to be in touch with Global Initiatives staff early on for guidance as you develop the proposal. Upon submitting a request, Global Initiatives will reach out to the initiator.

For templates and more information, go to:

Global Initiatives-International Agreements

Joint Degree Program Agreement

Per SACSCOC, students study at two or more institutions and the institutions grant a single academic award bearing the names, seals, and signatures of each of the participating institutions. Use this option to route the MOU for this type of program.

If this agreement involves establishing a new academic program, the new program would also need to be routed for approval. See Proposing New Academic Programs.

If a joint degree with another institution results in 25% or more of the program being earned at the other institution, SACSCOC notification is required. If a joint degree with another institution results in 50% or more of the program being earned at the other institution, SACSCOC approval is needed. For both of these cases, an Off-Campus Instructional Site Agreement would need to be filled out in CourseLeaf in tandem with the Joint Degree Program Agreement.

Off-Campus Instructional Site (OCIS) Agreement

This agreement type is used to initiate an OCIS that needs SACSCOC approval or to make changes to an existing, SACSCOC-approved OCIS (such as change of address).

An OCIS is a location geographically apart from an institution’s main campus (site-based) where classroom group instruction is delivered. In this agreement, UTSA agrees with another entity to provide face-to-face UTSA courses at their off-campus site. These sites must be reviewed by the SACSCOC in advance of implementation if:

  • Students can obtain 25-49% of credits toward an educational program at the OCIS (requires a letter of notification to SACSCOC) or
  • Students can obtain 50% or more credits toward an educational program at the OCIS (requires SACSCOC approval).