Information and Resources
Select the category that applies to you
Select the category that applies to you
Faculty Resources Custom Search
Welcome to the Custom Search page for Faculty Resources! Use the topics on the left to find resources specific for this group. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Reference the academic calendar, policies and course-related information maintained by the Office of the Registrar.
Visit the Curriculum Resource Guide to find answers to the most common curriculum questions, learn about UTSA’s shared governance structure, and find some of the most important resources and policies related to teaching, learning, and supporting students.
Learn about Student Evaluations of Classes and Instructors
Review the guidelines for Peer Observation of Teaching (HOP 2.20).
Check out the UTSA National Impact Travel Awards program, which provides funding for faculty to participate in conferences for professional development to improve teaching skills or learn a new pedagogy. The program also provides support for college or academic support division staff to travel to present their empirical results from evaluation or implementation of UTSA programs at high profile, national meetings or conferences.
The following resources will help when you have questions or concerns about student behavior or accommodations:
Explore the UTSA Knowledge Enterprise website to learn about the university’s research ecosystem and the resources available to support your scholarly success.
Log into Academic Analytics to track your research activity and access other tools and resources to support your scholarship.
Bookmark this page of forms, policies, guidelines and procedures that are needed for conducting research at UTSA. Make friends with the Office of Research Integrity.
Enjoy access to the resources, support and networking opportunities offered by the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD).
Get support developing your proposal.
Check out the internal seed grant programs available to full-time, tenured and tenure-track faculty at UTSA.
Refine your proposal development skills.
Learn how UTSA helps with the Commercialization and Tech Transfer process.
Check out the university's Targeted Scholarly Awards Program.
Learn more about the policies around hiring Visiting Scholars & Researchers.
Check out these faculty opportunities, including a variety of faculty award programs, leadership development, incentive programs and more.
Stop by the Faculty Center for a place to work and collaborate with other faculty in the casual seating area or reserve one of the many meeting spaces.
Check out the Faculty Mentoring Hub to discover the many ways you can tap into UTSA’s rich faculty mentoring support network.
Learn more about employee benefits, trainings and other human resources offered by People Excellence.
Become familiar with UTSA’s Comprehensive Periodic Evaluation process.
Become familiar with UTSA’s Fixed Term Track Promotion guidelines.
Learn more about applying for Emeritus status.
Review the Faculty Review Calendar for deans and department chairs
Make friends by joining one or more Affinity Groups for faculty and staff at UTSA.
Get to know your colleagues in the Faculty Senate.
Learn more about the Retired Faculty Association.
Plug into UTSA’s Tenure-Track Networking Club.
Participate in the UTSA Department Chairs Council if you are a department chair or school director.
Excused Absence from Class Attendance Form (pdf available on HOP 5.09)
Faculty Review – Evaluation, Promotion & Tenure, Third Year Review, CPE
Academic Programs & Agreements
- Memo to Academic Deans – Revised HOP Policy for Endowments
- HOP 2.41 - Chairs, Professorships and Faculty Fellowships
- Qualifications for Appointment and Evaluation of Endowed Chairs, Professorships and Fellowships (pdf) - revised January 2023
- Guidelines for Appointments and Evaluations of Endowed and University Funded Academic Positions (pdf) - January 2023
Faculty Appointments - the Faculty Personnel team within the division of Faculty Success will assist you with hiring faculty in your area. Here are a few quick links:
- Faculty Hiring Request Portal - a web-based application for the submission of faculty hiring requests from the department chairs to the deans and ultimately to the provost.
- Phased Faculty Retirement for Tenured Faculty
- Faculty Recruitment Manual (23/24)
- Special Opportunity Hires
- Faculty Recruitment Forms
- Internal Faculty Leadership Recruitment Process - revised January 2023
- Faculty Resignation/Retirement Process
- Faculty Approval Memo Templates
Explore the faculty/staff services offered by University Technology Solutions/Tech Café.
The Financial Affairs website will help you understand the policies, tools and resources you'll use in your role as a dean or department chair/school director. Here are a few quick links:
UTSA's travel policies and resources are available here. Here are a few quick links:
Institutional Compliance & Risk Services ensures all areas of the university are complying with federal and state laws. Here are a few quick links:
People Excellence (HR) will assist your area with staff hiring, compensation, merit and other HR-related questions.
Bookmark these handy institutional report dashboards:
- UTSA Dashboards provides instant access to data on Enrollments, Semester Credit Hours, Degrees Awarded and other key information.
- UTSA Report Center facilitates the sharing of standard reports produced by the Office of Institutional Research & Analysis. It contains information for each College and Department on key areas such as Student Enrollment, Grade Distributions, Faculty Population, Degrees Awarded and other reports which are updated each semester.