UTSA National Impact Travel Awards
About this Opportunity
- Investing in professional development for our talented faculty and staff,
- Deepening our national impact through supporting travel that disseminates the full range of university scholarship, and
- Bringing visibility to the university.
To this end, Academic Affairs is pleased to sponsor UTSA National Impact Travel Awards to support faculty and staff travel to increase our national impact and bring visibility to the university.
The program is designed to support pedagogical innovation that benefits our students by providing resources that enable full-time fixed-term-track faculty and tenured/tenure-track faculty to participate in conferences for professional development to improve teaching skills or learn a new pedagogy.
The program also provides support for college or academic support division staff to travel to present their empirical results from evaluation or implementation of UTSA programs at high profile, national meetings or conferences.
This program in Academic Affairs complements that in Research, Economic Development, and Knowledge Enterprise that supports research travel and dissemination.
- Academic Affairs will reimburse a college/unit up to $2,000 for Fixed-Term-Track Faculty; no fund matching required by the unit.
- Academic Affairs will reimburse a college/unit up to $1,000 for Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty; 2:1 fund matching required by the unit ($500 provided by the unit for the full $1,000 Academic Affairs support).
- Academic Affairs will reimburse a college/unit up to $1,000 for Staff; 2:1 fund matching required by the unit ($500 provided by the unit for the full $1,000 Academic Affairs support).
How to Apply
There is no official application that faculty need to complete for this program. Please reach out directly to your college's Assistant Dean of Finance and Administration for guidance and direction related to this program.